Damaged or Missing Traffic Control Sign or Traffic Signal and Parking Control Signs
To report damaged or missing stop signs, street name signs or any other traffic control signs and or signal please contact the

DPW Sign Shop at (313) 224-1610

Sign Changes or Installations of Traffic Controls and Traffic Signals
A written request must be submitted to the

Traffic Engineering Division
2633 West Michigan Ave.
Detroit, MI 48216.
Call (313) 224-1610 for additional information.

Sign Changes or New Installations of Signs Pertaining to Parking Controls
A written request must be submitted to the

Traffic Engineering Sign Shop
2425 Fenkell
Detroit, MI 48238
Call (313) 628-2950 for additional information.

Handicap Signs (New Requests or Renewal Requests)
The requestor must have proper medical documentation, identification, and a valid handicap sticker issued by the Secretary of State before the City grants approval of a new or renewal of a handicap sign.  Once approved, individuals can expect installation within 90 days.
To request a handicap sign, visit the

DPW Sign Shop
2425 Fenkell Ave. (east of Linwood)
Business hours are 7:30a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday – Friday.
To contact the Sign Shop, call (313) 628-2950. The fax number is (313) 342-4966.
Handicap sign renewal requests must be submitted to the DPW Sign Shop 30 days prior to expiration date to retain the posting of handicap signs.

Business Signs and Curb Cuts for New Developments
Submit plans to

Buildings & Safety Engineering Dept.
4th Floor, Coleman A. Young Municipal Center.
Call (313) 224-3173 or (313) 224-3174 for additional information.