Telephone Crime Reporting (Non-Emergency Calls)
Call Telephone Crime Reporting (T.C.R.) at (313) 267-4600
when you need to...

  • File a police report for an incident that already happened (break-in, auto theft, and illegal dumping)
  • Get information about someone in police custody
  • Report an abandoned vehicle
  • Make a noise complaint
  • Make an animal or drag- racing complaint after the incident is over
  • Report an open fire hydrant
  • Report neighbor trouble
  • Report cable or utility theft

Report your vehicle stolen
Vehicle owners seeking to file a stolen vehicle report that occurred within the city, must do so in person at any Detroit Police Districts

Call 911 for Police Emergency Response Only

  • Crimes in progress
  • Immediate medical assistance
  • To report a fire
  • To report a downed electrical wire or lighting pole fire
  • To report illegal dumping in progress
  • To report suspected hazardous material spill